Tuscon Cooling System at Adams Automotive
Here at Adams Automotive, we are your cooling system repair and service experts. Come see us for all of your air conditioning needs to prepare for the warm weather to come.
Your cooling system is vital not only in your vehicle’s performance but also your comfort in your vehicle. If your cooling system is not properly maintained, an engine could become extremely hot and most likely overheat. The cooling system helps keep your engine cool and performing at the top of its ability.
- Antifreeze does more than just keep things from freezing per say. It not only has anti-freeze properties, but also anti-boil and anti-corrosive properties. It cools through your radiator and engine and helps keep everything working at the correct temperature.
- Antifreeze, like all liquids, will eventually break down. Adams Automotive recommends changing your antifreeze every two years or 24,000 miles. This is often called a flush and fill.
- During this procedure, Adams Automotive will also check your hoses and radiator for leaks and cracks and repair any that need to be replaced.
- A cooling fan circulates air through the radiator so that it can release engine heat into the surrounding air. The fans can be mechanical or electric, if the cooling fan malfunctions, your engine can quickly overheat.
- Adams Automotive will inspect your cooling fan and make sure the drive belt, or fan belt, that makes it turn, is not loose or cracked. He can also repair and replace damaged fans.
- A pressure cap is sometimes, but not always, called the radiator cap. It may be on the radiator, or on the coolant reservoir.
- A pressure cap should be inspected at least once a year. It’s important that an Adams Automotive technician do the inspection. A cap that’s taken off while the engine is still hot could result in severe burns from the spray of boiling coolant.
- The coolant reservoir indicates the level of coolant in the system. Adams Automotive can check this during every oil change.
- The thermostat is a valve that regulates the flow of coolant based on coolant temperature. A poorly performing thermostat can result in overheating, engine knocking, poor fuel economy and more.
- Adams Automotive will check your thermostat during an inspection of your cooling system.
Heating and Air Conditioning
- Adams Automotive is also a heating and air conditioning expert. In fact, we can service your car’s entire HVAC system. Everything from a flushing and fill of the systems refrigerant, to checking hoses and maintaining the heating core.